Controller – Maitland, FL
Posted on: July 22, 2020
Patriot Defense Group is looking for a Controller in our Headquarters office located in Maitland, Florida.
The Controller is responsible for closing monthly, quarterly and year-end financial operations timely, while assist in managing the relationship with auditors, consultants, federal regulatory agencies, suppliers and other entities necessary for the cordial business functions. Review year end trial balance for overall sense to cleanup in support for government, military and contractor personnel.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of very talented professionals who work in an environment that offers an entrepreneurial atmosphere that allows them the autonomy to execute complex tasks received from our clients.
The Financial Controller ensures that reported financial results comply with GAAP and that the company is DCAA compliant; responsible for cash management, management of the day-to-day account operations of Patriot Defense Group and its affiliates; supervises accounting staff; compiles financial reports, budgeting and forecasting. Must have experience with WAWF (Wide Area Workflow)
- Prepares reports for senior management that reflects the current financial status of company and its affiliates.
- Ensures accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Responsible for oversight and execution of month- end close processes, external audits, sales tax, AR, AP and other account functions.
- Monitors and confirm financial condition by conducting internal audits and provide information to external auditors.
- Reviews corporate credit card reconciliations for accuracy and approves expense reports.
- Ensures invoices are prepared timely and accounts receivable are collected promptly; reviews all invoices for accuracy before mailing; and posts cash receipts.
- Maintains project budgets for contracts and task orders.
- Issues timely and complete financial statements; complete balance sheet account reconciliations; manages month-end closing process.
- Protect confidential operations and secure financial information.
- Maintains chart of accounts, system of controls over accounting transactions, accounting filing system, and documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assists with annual budgeting and forecasts.
- Coordinates provisions of information to external auditors for annual audit.
- Have experience with DCAA Audits
- CPA or in the process of obtaining your CPA with experience in interpretation and implementation of GAAP rules
- 8+ years in Accounting leadership role having preformed month to month end close processes.
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment, prefer government contracting experience
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required