Business Development Sales Representative
Posted on: November 12, 2018
Patriot Defense is seeking a high energy key sales and marketing person to join its team. The ideal candidate will have the ability and desire to sell; excellent communication skills; a positive, confident, and determined approach; a high degree of self-motivation and ambition; and the skills to work both independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success selling professional services to the Government sector and have knowledge of federal acquisition regulations, procurement, ethics, best practices, intellectual property, and government property restrictions.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Primary function is focused on sales of the company offerings by identifying, shaping, and pursuing opportunities in our market space.
- Participate, collaborate, and assist in all aspects of the business development and proposal cycle.
- Key participation in our strategic marketing plans including efforts to maintain, refresh, order and distribute our marketing materials.
- Research and analyze sales options.
- Direct-sell professional services by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects.
- Frequent travels to attend meetings with potential customers, shape opportunities, deliver proposals and close sales.
- Plan, prepare and manage company presence and attendance at industry conferences.
- Manage, maintain and improve our CRM system.
- Build a sales pipeline to ensure a constant stream of sales.
- Follow-up with past customers and cross-selling products.
- Follow-up on leads from other members of the organization.
Required Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess (and maintain) a current Secret (required) or Top Secret (preferred) clearance.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following government sectors: Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, Defense Logistics (Expeditionary), Homeland Security, Department of Justice, or Department of State.
- Strong understanding and experience with Special Operations and the Intelligence Community.
- 5+ years’ experience working with federal government contracts.
- Excellent strategizing, planning, assessment, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency and command of the English language both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with the Federal Government acquisition process; specifically the solicitations and proposal response cycle.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and CRM systems.
- Must be able to operate with minimal oversight and with sound business judgment.